Collection of PHP packages I use and recommend on most of the cases.
I’m doing this list to avoid that stupid moment when I start a project and don’t remember what was the package name? and have to Google it again. Also, I think these are the best packages in their category.
- Laravel Backup easy backups for Laravel doesn’t include the front end. Laravel Backup Panel this package has a panel to manage the backups.
Calendar & Time
- Laravel Full Calendar
- Period to handle periods of time.
- Time overlap calculator this package helps to know if to periods of time are overlapping.
- Laravel Zero a framework for console apps, is like Lumen for console apps.
- Laravel Excel the best import/export Excel package for Laravel.
- Spout to read large Excel files, fewer tools than PHPSpreadsheet but is the best memory performance package.
- PhpSpreadsheet the most complete Excel library for PHP.
- Venture Jobs for complex Workflows.
- Google Maps for Laravel complete access to the different Google Maps APIs.
- Laravel Multilingual Routes define multiple language routes at once.
- SendPortal Send email newsletters using Mailgun or Amazon SES
- Cray for Laravel generate CRUDS from the command line.
- Laravel Scout MySQL Driver good for small databases.
- Eloquent Encryptable allows having database columns encrypted using AES Encryption for MySQL.
- Laravel Flash to show flash messages in Laravel.
- Presenter makes presenters instead of having the presentation login in the models. I use this with Fractal to have multiple data presentation and transformation.
- Fractal transformation and presentation layer.
- AireForms prebuilt forms for Laravel.
- Livewire create JS components with PHP, this is a game-changer!
- Laravel Snappy this one uses wkhtmltopdf. To have the binary static in the vendor’s folder you can install wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage.
- Laravel DOMPF this one uses DOMPDF
- Laravel FPDF to use FPDF in Laravel, good for generating PDF with precision.
- PHP Unique Gmail Address check if a Gmail address is not a email@example.com format, useful to avoid infinite trials.
- Parsica a fluid API to parse strings.
- Laravel Sluggable adds slug to the models and helps with the slugs in different languages.
Roles and Permissions
- Laravel Roles eloquent models/logic to implement roles in Laravel by permissions and roles.
- Laravel Users is a quick publishable front end for the Laravel Roles package.
- Collections use the collection package outside Laravel.